Self hosted (datacenter)
Since the newest update there is an entire youtube logo/link blocking the view of the tool. I can use the tool by manually deleting the HTML element. The issue does not seem to reproduce on chrome:
Hi @RobbeVer - Sorry for the inconvenience, however I was not able to reproduce it in any browser.
Not just with Opera, I have tried with Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Vivaldi also and everywhere it works well.
So can you please provide me with the exact browser version (not JA version) so that I will try to see if that specific version has any issues.
Hi @RobbeVer - You can try using the Web version using the following Url and see if it works well for you. If it works well, then you can continue to use it till the time new updates are published to Extension. Also let me know if it works well in Web so that I will know the change I did fixes the issue or not.
Web Version of JA: https://app.jiraassistant.com/?authType=1
You need not do any separate authentication in web version. Still authentication is taken care by Extension itself while web is just used to display the page. So Web helps you use latest code with bug fixes without compromising on any aspects.
You can also permanently switch to Web so that just in case of such issues, you will know in advance even before I publish the extension so that the issue can be reported and immediately I would be able to resolve it.
Once the changes are published to extension, it takes time to push another version due to various limitations.
I can reproduce the same issue (screenshot see below).
FF: 102.14.0esr (64-bit) JA: v2.54
@ch-fuchs - As I mentioned in my previous comment. I have already given a fix and is already available in Web version. You can switch to web version temporarily to see if the fix is working.
Switching to web version is seem less and has lot more other benefits as well. Read through my previous comment to know more about it.
@shridhar-tl Tried the web version and the fix works - no more big youtube image upon login. Thanks!
Switching to the web version seems like an easy win, but (some of) our customers might be worrying about data protection as all JIRA data would be visible to your web platform. Anyways, thanks for the advice and the fix!
@ch-fuchs - Thank you for confirming the fix works. Will try to publish the fixes ASAP.
When you talk about data protection in Web version, let me clarify you few points:
You can learn further about it under Data Security section in following Url: https://www.jiraassistant.com/why-web-version/
Note: Google analytics implementation was there just to get anonymous statistics in aggregate, however that has broken years back and it is not fixed yet as I don't monitor it much. And of course that is the case for extension as well and additionally you also have option to disable Google analytics from Advance settings page.
The fix has been published for extension users and is already available for Firefox store. For other browsers it is still being reviewed. You should see it soon within a week max.
Closing this ticket as this issue is resolved and is being published for extension users as well. Once your extension version gets updated to v2.55, you should see it working.
[Update]: Except Edge store, latest version is now available in all other stores