New report builder which will allow the user to develop their own report with lots of customizations
New module need to be developed which will allow the user to build their own report with lots of customization options.
This report builder may include following features:
- Should allow the user to drag and drop any report item to report like table, tab controls, images, charts, etc.
- Should allow the user to fetch data from one or more datasource like jira, excel, csv, json files, or any http url's.
- Should allow the user to export the generated report as excel.
- Should allow the user to add the generated report as gadget to dashboard.
- Should have import and export option for report to share the report with other users.
- Should support providing parameters by the users like date range or other filters.
- Should allow the users to create their own formating functions and add expressions to individual fields to customize their report with their own logic.
- Should have a style pallet which will allow the user to change the style of individual items in the report generated by them.
I welcome any more suggestions from anyone else to improve this report builder.
Hi All, At this point as I was not able to spend much time to work on this, I couldn't complete this functionality as expected. But an initial Alpha version is available hidden under the following link. This is not fully functional and no documentation is available at this point. I will try to finish it ASAP. But anyone who would like to try can use the following link from your browser.
For Chrome users: chrome-extension://momjbjbjpbcbnepbgkkiaofkgimihbii/index.html#/reports/advanced
- This report builder would be more suitable for programmers than general users. So it would be very difficult for non technical users to generate complex report.
- Their are lots of known issues in this report builder and it is not fully functional yet.
Just a few guidelines to start with building a report:
- Create a data-set using JQL to fetch the data.
- For performance reason you can create another flat dataset from the dataset added in point 1.
- Drag and drop the available UI components like table, image, etc and add the fields required to it.
- Add multiple column or row groups to the table and and customize the report as you like. For each group you can assign a dataset or add an expression to fetch the data from.
If anyone try it out and if you have any query it would be good to ask your queries here.
A BETA version of Report Builder is now available and hence closing this ticket.